Dr. Alvin Haimson earned his Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University. Upon graduating he worked in the Stanford Counseling Testing Center, spent 3 years teaching in the Stanford Psychology Department, and has been in private practice in Menlo Park, CA for over 40 years.
With over 14,000 hours group work, 70,000 hours with individuals and couples, Alvin uses behavior modification approaches, humanistic psychology, vocational guidance, and social learning theory to focus on individual needs and differences.
In addition to working with individuals in one-on-one sessions, Al consults with organizations to improve communication systems for both individuals and groups within companies, team building and coaching for managers and team members.
He is highly skilled in conflict resolution between family members and in organizational environments. His goal is to facilitate open communication aimed at defining and resolving disputes in a timely, non-adversarial manner.
• Senior Associate at Stanford University Department of Communication Research.
• Senior counselor at Stanford University Counseling and Testing Center.
• Assistant Professor of Psychology at Stanford University.
• Consultant at California Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, and Brigham Young University.
• Supervised and trained graduate students in group process, psychotherapeutic techniques and encounter group methodology.
• Supervised graduate students in psychology, MFCC and social work programs.
PH.D. IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, STANFORD UNIVERSITY
M.A. IN PSYCHOLOGY, OCCIDENTAL COLLEGE
B.A. IN PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY, OCCIDENTAL COLLEGE
Sessions are typically 45-50 minutes in duration. Please fill out a web-form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail (650) 322-1212. Please contact me about the possibility of taking out-of-network insurance.